Synology RackStation RS822+ is a 4-bay rackmount NAS enclosed in a compact 1U chassis. Running the powerful Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, it is ideal for data backup, sharing, and synchronization. Its small size, stable performance, and storage scalability makes it suitable for branch offices and small and medium-sized businesses with ever increasing data management needs.
Versatile Storage for Any Purpose
The RS822+ comes out of the box with intuitive and comprehensive file management, media organization, and backup options, making it an ideal edge storage solution for medium and large studios or a comprehensive datamanagement platform for retail and hospitality settings.
- Up to 2,103 MB/s sequential read and 1,074 MB/s sequential write performance enables fast file sharing, syncing, streaming, and backup for multiple users
- Supports 4 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD, with the option to expand to 8 drives with a Synology RX418 expansion unit
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 ECC memory for protection against potential crashes and inadvertent changes in data through automatic correction of data errors
- Accommodate multiple streams or transfer tasks with four Gigabit RJ-45 ports, which can be bonded using Link Aggregation to provide automatic network failover and load balancing
- Adjust your storage platform as more demanding needs arise with an optional 10GbE SFP+/RJ-45 or 25GbE SFP28 add-in network card, an M.2 SSD adapter card, or a M.2 NVMe SSD & 10GbE combo adapter card via the PCIe 3.0 slot
Built for Data Protection and Integrity
Safeguard your critical data with the powerful storage managementfeatures of Synology DSM, built on the advanced Btrfs file system.
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection for shared folders and LUNs
- File and folder-level data restoration enables recovery of specific files or folders
- Flexible storage quota system helps admins manage available space by specifying storage limits for shared folders
- File self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files using mirrored metadata and RAID configurations
- Inline compression minimizes storage consumption and extends the life of drives by compressing data before it is written to the storage pool
Complete Data and Device Backup Solutions
Synology DSM comes standard with a complete package of backup solutions available at no extra cost.
- Active Backup Suite consolidates backup tasks and offers rapid restoration of Windows and Linux endpoints, VMs, Synology systems, and SaaS applications
- Snapshot Replication creates point-in-time copies of shared folders and LUNs to protect them from accidental modifications or ransomware incidents
- Hyper Backup backs up your NAS data to multiple destinations securely and efficiently with integrity checks and powerful deduplication, compression, and versioning options
- C2 Storage for Hyper Backup offers a dedicated secure public cloud destination for Synology NAS backup data
File Sharing and Synchronization for Hybrid Teams
A compact size, easy installation, and powerful remote management options make the RS822+ suitable for deployment as an edge server to provide convenient and effective file access, sharing, and synchronization across multiple sites.
- Wide network protocol support ensures seamless file sharing experience across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms, while compatibility with Windows AD and LDAP enables easy integration into any existing network environment
- Hybrid Share combines reliable on-premises storage and efficient syncing of shared folders in the cloud to enable seamless cross-site synchronization and local access at LAN speed
- Synology Active Insight lets you monitor system performance and health, login activities, and backup task status for all your Synology servers safely in the cloud, with automated alerts and notifications in case of potential issues or suspicious events
- Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu, and Box storage in sync with your RackStation
- Seamless file sharing capability is combined with a high level of security, including HTTPS support, a built-in firewall, and multiple IP and account intrusion auto-blocking mechanisms
Powerful Collaboration and Sharing Tools
Synology's productivity suite provides a private cloud solution for on-site and remote workers to concurrently edit documents, share files, manage emails, send instant messages, and more.
- Synology Drive is a cloud file management solution that supports file sharing, remote data access, cross-device and cross-site synchronization, on-demand file restoration, and backup
- The Synology Office extension lets users collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentation slides in real time, supported by convenient options such as file versioning for easy restoration and password protection
- Synology Photos serves as a media organization hub for enthusiasts and professionals looking to efficiently manage and share their photos and videos through intuitive browsing options and secure sharing methods
Private Video Surveillance
Synology Surveillance Station transforms the RS822+ into a powerful Network Video Recorder solution with support for up to 40 IP cameras.
- 8,300+ supported camera models
- ONVIF support for a broader selection of cameras
- Private, subscription-free storage of recordings
- Access through web browsers, desktop clients, or mobile apps
- Event-based rules to trigger specific actions
- Email, SMS, and push notification options
- Safeguard critical footage by dual recording to C2 Surveillance