Scalable and Fast Storage Server for Your Growing Business
Synology SA3600 is a 12-bay rackmount NAS designed for large-scale data storage. Its comprehensive data protection solutions, including multi-version backup for server and virtual machines, hybrid cloud integration, and high-availability technology support, make it a reliable server for massive storage deployment. SA3600 is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Expandable Storage with Outstanding Performance
SA3600 is equipped with an Intel Xeon D-1567 12-core CPU and 16 GB ECC RDIMM (upgradable to 128 GB) to ensure system performance and data integrity. Offering dual built-in 10GBASE-T Ethernet and dual PCIe 3.0 slots for expansion of 10/25/40GbE network interface cards, SA3600 delivers over 5,561 MB/s sequential throughput via aggregated 10Gb Ethernet.
With the ability to scale up its storage to 180 drives and deliver raw capacity at petabyte scale, SA3600 can easily fulfill the need for video post-production and massive surveillance deployment. Supporting SAS and SATA drives without vendor lock-in, SA3600 provides an elastic and expandable storage solution with optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
SA3600 introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and iSCSI LUNs.
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes including RAID1, 5, 6, 10, and RAID F1.
Ultimate Backup Solution
SA3600 integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens
• Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. SA3600 is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. You can set up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your SA3600 with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computational efficiency. While Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms your SA3600 into a block-based storage component.