High Performance 1U Rackmount NAS for Effective Data Storage and Management
Synology RackStation RS820RP+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution for centralizing data management. Powered by a 4-core processor, RS820RP+ provides both high performance and scalable storage, ideal for file sharing across different platforms and data backup. Synology RS820RP+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
High Performance Storage with Scalability
Synology RS820RP+ is a 1U rackmount 4-bay network-attached storage solution designed for businesses requiring an effective and centralized data management. It is equipped with a 4-core processor and 2 GB DDR4 memory, expandable up to 18 GB. The PCIe 3.0 slot supports an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card, where the M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache can be used to boost system random IOPS.
With Link Aggregation enabled in a 10GbE environment, RS820RP+ delivers high sequential throughput at over 1,621 MB/s reading and 599 MB/s writing. Storage capacity of RS820RP+ can be further expanded with one optional Synology Expansion Unit RX418, providing a raw capacity of up 128 TB with 8 drives in total.
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS820RP+integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any devices with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens
• Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. RS820RP+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS820RP+ introduces Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern business:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of share folders and iSCSI LUNs.
• File and folder level data restoration brings great convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID type of volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Reliability, Availability, and Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for business everywhere. RS820RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring that your business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in a disaster.
• High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.