Synology DiskStation DS2419+ is a 12-bay desktop NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses. This high-capacity and scalable NAS comes with expandable storage capability, upgradable memory configuration, and diversified add-on card options, meeting the modern corporate needs for a flexible, reliable and efficient storage solution. Synology DS2419+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
High Capacity & Scalable NAS Catering to Business Needs
Designed in desktop form factor, Synology DS2419+ is a 12-bay network-attached storage solution right-sized for small and medium-sized businesses that require massive and flexible storage capacity, but do not need to store the NAS in a standard rack frame. It can ideally serve as a file server, a centralized backup target, or a hub-and-spoke backup target for your business, providing uncompromised performance and quality. DS2419+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 4GB DDR4 memory (up to 32GB). It supports up to 288TB storage space when connected to one Synology DX1215 expansion unit. Under a 10GbE network environment, DS2419+ delivers sequential throughput performance at over 1,716 MB/s reading and 671 MB/s writing3. The PCIe 3.0 slot can be installed not only with an optional network interface card but also with a M.2 adapter card using M.2 NVMe/SATA SSDs as cache, boosting up random read/write IOPS.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration helps to offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support transforms your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component. Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM, so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS2419+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS2419+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, or other desktop devices. DS2419+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
Server backup: Active Backup for Server provides an agentless backup solution. It centralizes data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and rsync to effectively minimize deployment and management costs.
SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level duplication technology.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS2419+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
- File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Cloud Station supports file versioning requires as little as half the storage when compared with ext4 file systems.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored meta data, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS2419+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty is available in select regions.