Synology RackStation RS1219+ is a 2U 8-bay rackmount NAS powered by a quad-core processor with AESNI hardware encryption engine. With the ability to supercharge your storage with the optional M.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD cache drives, RS1219+ is ideal to serve as a centralized file server for simplifying data management, protecting your critical assets and sharing files across different platforms. Synology RS1219+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
2U Compact Storage Server
Synology RS1219+ is a 8-bay network attached storage solution with high performance and scalable capacity. RS1219+ supports up to 12 drives when connecting with one RX418 expansion unit3, allowing you to easily scale up on demand. Since both RS1219+ and RX418 are only 12 inches in depth, they can fit in a 2-post rack. In addition to a 10GbE add-on card, the PCle slot also supports the optional M.2 SATA SSD adapter card1 to function as an SSD cache to greatly enhance storage performance without using the 3.5" drive bays.
RS1219+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 2GB DDR3 memory (expandable up to 16GB). In a 10GbE network environment, RS1219+ delivers outstanding sequential throughput performance at over 1,310 MB/s reading and 470 MB/s writing2.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS1219+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
• Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS1219+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
• Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensures file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
• Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS1219+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and provides with lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS1219+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Desktop Backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, or other desktop devices. RS1219+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
• NAS Backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, a public cloud service, or C2 Backup to ensure data safety.
• Server Backup: Active Backup for Server provides an agentless backup solution. It centralizes data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and rsync to effectively minimize deployment and management costs.
• SaaS Backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard. Optimize storage efficiency with single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your RS1219+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and allows cross-platform synchronization for you to enjoy anywhere data access. You can also install Synology Office to take advantage of the online collaborative editor, which provides Document, Spreadsheet and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design, and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules, and organize daily tasks without a hassle. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to create a safe and secure place where conversations can be held in real-time. It optimizes companies’ internal communications with powerful information management and interaction features.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS1219+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
• Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
• Optional 5-year warranty4 is available in select regions.