Synology RackStation RS1221+ is a powerful 2U 8-bay rackmount, network-attached storage solution, perfect for centralizing data management in shallow rack depth environments. The RS1221+ series is ideal for handling heavy files and protecting digital assets in small business environments thanks to the extensive data protection options included in the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system.
Synology RS1221+ is a multi-functional powerhouse, suitable for a wide variety of scenarios. The short form factor allows for easy installation on a 2-post rack (RS1221+ only) or in environments with limited space.
• More than 108,173 random read IOPS in 4K and sequential write1 up to 2315 MB/s for demanding workloads
• Features 8 drive trays, supports both SATA HDD/SSD 2.5 "and 3.5" drives, expandable up to 12 drive trays using a Synology RX418 expansion unit.
Data protection and optimization with Btrfs
RS1221+ series supports Synology optimized Btrfs file system for high reliability and high performance. Btrfs supports advanced storage technologies that meet the needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and LUNs.
• File and folder level data recovery provides flexibility for users who only want to restore a specific file or folder
• Flexible storage quota system allows administrators to specify storage limits for shared folders, making available storage space effortlessly managed
• File self-recovery allows Btrfs file systems to automatically detect corrupted files using mirrored metadata and recover corrupted data using RAID configurations
• Inline compression compresses data before writing to disk, reducing write commands and optimizing storage space
Data backup solutions for local and virtual environments
Synology Active Backup Suite is a collection of powerful and license-free backup solutions designed to protect Windows PCs and servers, VMs, other file servers and cloud-based storage. All data is centralized on Synology NAS to protect against data loss.
Active Backup for Business (ABB) consolidates backup jobs for physical and virtual environments and enables fast recovery of files, entire physical machines and VMs. Active Backup for G Suite allows businesses to back up Google Workspace corporate data, including Gmail, Contacts, Calendar and Drive.
Active Backup for Microsoft 365 allows businesses to back up Microsoft 365 data, including OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, emails, contacts and calendar.
With Synology's collaboration suite, businesses can host their own private SaaS for file sharing, simultaneous document editing, emails, instant messaging and more. Set up a multi-user collaboration environment while leveraging the private cloud infrastructure to take control of your data. Multi-layered security enables secure access to files and services - even for a distributed workforce - on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS platforms.
Synology Drive enables data access, synchronization, on-demand file recovery and backup via web portal and desktop applications on Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Intelliversioning efficiently manages historical file versions while minimizing used storage space.
Synology MailPlus to set up a secure, reliable and private mail server with an intuitive web-based client to increase productivity.
Synology Chat optimizes team communication by enabling team members to communicate immediately. Its powerful features include message encoding, pinning, forwarding, reminders and scheduling, making it the perfect communication tool for busy teams.
Synology Calendar helps teams keep track of what's important with easy-to-use sharing and scheduling features so everyone is on the same page. Synology Collaboration Suite A powerful and secure private cloud solution for team collaboration, file synchronization and communication anytime, anywhere.
Private video surveillance
With Synology Surveillance Station, RS1221+ becomes a powerful Network Video Recorder solution. With support for up to 40 IP cameras, large installations are easy to perform5.
• More than 7,600 camera models supported to meet all video requirements and budgets, licensed per camera
• ONVIF support to prevent vendor lock-in
• Private, subscription-free storage of the recordings on location
• Multiple access options, such as a web browser, dedicated desktop clients or the mobile DS cam app, to access the system anytime, anywhere
• Event-based rules to trigger specific actions, such as automatically starting recording when motion is detected
• Email, SMS or push notification systems so you can respond to an event immediately
Run and protect virtual machine
Synology Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) is a hosted hypervisor that allows users to easily set up virtual machines running Windows, Linux, or a virtualized version of DSM. High performance snapshots and recovery mechanisms allow data protection on any VM6. DSM simplifies the provisioning and management of storage for VMs. Certified for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and OpenStack, Synology's systems can be integrated into your virtualization platform using iSCSI or NFS protocols. Install Synology Storage Console for VMware/Windows for added ease of management and features in the hypervisor