Synology DiskStation DS1621+ is a powerful 6-bay network-attached storage solution designed to store and protect critical data assets. The growing amount of unstructured data requires smarter and increasingly higher performance methods of storing, accessing, and sharing. DS1621+ is a compact desktop form-factor NAS that is beyond evolutionary, featuring over 110K, or 174% higher 4K random read IOPS, compared to its predecessor. Designed for scalability, the DS1621+ enables you to start small, then expand as your data grows.
Versatility and Raw Power in a Single Solution
Synology DS1621+ can be a multi-purpose powerhouse, suitable for a wide range of usage environments. The compact, 11.5L desktop formfactor makes it easy to store away whether it is at home or in a quiet office environment.
• Up to 110,000 4K random read IOPS and 2300 MB/s sequential write speeds1 for demanding workloads
• Dual M.2 2280 slots for NVMe SSD lets you maximize performance and capacity efficiently
• Supports up to 96 TB raw capacity internally, and can be expanded using two Synology DX517 expansion units for up to 256 TB6
• Powered by Synology DSM, our unified data management operating system
Robust Data Protection with Btrfs
DS1621+ uses the Btrfs file system optimized by Synology to offer both high reliability and high performance. Btrfs supports advanced storage technologies that meet the needs of modern business:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and LUNs
• File and folder level data restoration offers users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder more flexibility
• Flexible Shared Folders and user quota system provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
• File self-healing allows Btrfs file systems to auto-detect corrupted files using mirrored metadata and to recover broken data using RAID configurations
• Inline compression compresses data before writing it to the drive, to optimize storage use and reduce write commands to the drives
On-Premises Collaboration Synology
Collaboration Suite allows businesses to host their own fundamental IT services for file sharing, concurrent document editing, emails, instant messaging, and more. Create a multi-user collaborative environment while leveraging private cloud infrastructure to reduce privacy concerns. Multi-layered security enables secure access to files and services, even for a distributed or remote workforce across Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS platforms.
• Synology Drive enables data access, synchronization, and backup via web portal and desktop applications across Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. Intelliversioning saves historical versions while minimizing storage space usage and supports on-demand data restoration.
• Synology Office includes Documents, Spreadsheets, and Slides. The online collaborative editing environment allows multiple users to edit, comment, and share data together.
• Synology MailPlus7 enables you to setup a secure, reliable, and private email server, with an intuitive web-based client to boost productivity
• Synology Chat enables instant conversations and optimizes team communications with powerful features including message encryption, pinning, forwarding, reminders, and scheduling.
• Synology Calendar helps teams keep track of what's important, with easy to use sharing and scheduling functionality, keeping everyone on the same page.
Running & Protecting Virtual Machines
Synology Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) is a hosted hypervisor that lets users easily set up virtual machines running Windows or Linux based platforms and a virtualized version of Synology DSM, Virtual DSM, on the DS1621+. Using VMM, users can build up a cluster environment with multiple Synology systems for flexibility to perform online migration based on load balancing and resource allocation requirements. High performance snapshots, replication, cloning, and recovery mechanisms enable comprehensive management and data protection on each VM8. DSM also simplifies the provisioning and management of storage for virtual machines. Certified for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and OpenStack, Synology systems can integrate with your virtualization platform of choice through iSCSI or NFS protocols. Install Synology Storage Console for VMware/Windows for additional management convenience and functionality right in the hypervisor.
Comprehensive Data Protection Options
DS1621+ includes a range of backup solutions to protect local, remote, and cloud-based deployment environments, all-inclusive with the device. Easily set up automated backups and even enable self-serve functionality for reduced maintenance and upkeep.
• Back up data on Synology NAS: Snapshot Replication enables lightning-fast snapshots for point-in-time file versioning, great for rolling back unintended file modifications and protecting your data against ransomware attacks. Hyper Backup offers a wide range of destinations for backups of your NAS, including for both local and remote on-premises and cloud storage providers.
• Back up business infrastructure: Synology Active Backup suite is a collection of powerful backup solutions built to protect Windows PCs and servers, VMware and Hyper-V VMs, other file servers, and even Google G Suite and Microsoft 365 SaaS clouds
Private Video Surveillance
With Synology Surveillance Station, DS1621+ becomes a powerful VMS solution. With support for up to 40 IP cameras, you can easily cover large installations9.
• 7,600 supported cameras, and counting: Find a compatible camera from our constantly updated compatibility lists to match your video requirements and budget. ONVIF support prevents vendor lock-in.
• Private and subscription-free: Unlike cloud-based cameras, you can keep your recordings private and on-premises. Simple per-camera licensing with no subscriptions needed to access your data.
• Flexible monitoring & control: Access your surveillance system from a web browser, dedicated desktop clients, or from the DS cam mobile app. Internet-optional.
• Automation & notification: Set up rules to trigger specific actions when an event occur, such as automatically taking a picture when motion detection is triggered. Get notified by email, SMS, or push notification so that you can act quickly.