Synology RackStation RS819 is a compact and scalable 4-bay rackmount NAS in 1U form factor. Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager with snapshot technology support, RS819 brings business workgroups simple yet comprehensive solutions to data management, sharing, synchronization and backup. Synology RS819 is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Cross-Platform File Sharing and Data Synchronization
Synology RS819 supports comprehensive network protocols, ensuring a seamless file sharing experience across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows RS819 to fit quickly and effortlessly into any existing network environment, without the need to create identical user accounts. Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu, and Box storage in sync with your RackStation at the workplace. Synology Drive allows you to sync files across Windows, macOS, Linux, and mobile devices, effortlessly keeping everything up-to-date. RS819 combines seamless file sharing capability with a high level of security, including HTTPS support, a built-in firewall, and multiple IP and account intrusion auto-blocking mechanisms.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS819 introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• Synology Drive supports file versioning, requiring as little as half the storage when compared with ext file systems.
• Advanced iSCSI LUNs based on a Btrfs volume offer lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning.
Easy Backup Solutions
Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with block-level backup and cross-version deduplication. It optimizes storage utilization and allows data to be backed up to multiple destinations such as local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync servers, and public cloud services.
Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking userinterface, DSM provides simple destop-like experience to minimize efforts in exploring and managing your Synology NAS. The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages designed specifically for your unique needs, including file backup, productivity, safeguard security and utilities. With all the built-in and add-on features, DSM provides you with complete and fine-grained control of your RS819, helping you maximize productivity and make the best out of of your digital assets. All will happen with just a few clicks.