Mini Private Server Combining Performance and Style
Greet the unique and compact DS620slim, ready to boost your productivity at work, and its mini design allows it to blend in any workplace harmoniously. With feature-rich DiskStation Manager (DSM) at your disposal, DS620slim is an ideal file server delivering seamless file synchronization and solid backup solution while securely safeguarding your critical services. DS620slim also comes with 4K video transcoding support, perfect for streaming ultra-high definition media contents. DS620slim is backed up by Synology's 2-year limited warranty.
Ultra-compact yet Flexible in RAID Configuration
Synology DS620slim is a mini 6-bay NAS with 2.5" drive support, yet flexible when building different RAID types with HDDs or SSDs to reach better data protection. Moreover, the storage performance can be further enhanced by taking advantage of SSD cache while still having enough drive bays for data storage.
DS620slim features a dual-core processor and 2GB memory, expandable up to 6GB. With AES-NI encryption, the model delivers sequential throughput performance at over 220 MB/s reading and 190 MB/s writing1 under encrypted data transmission in dual 1GbE Link Aggregation environment. DS620slim comes with dual USB 3.0 ports, providing rapid data transfer and backup to external storage devices.
Cross-Platform File Sharing and Data Synchronization
Synology DS620slim supports comprehensive network protocols, ensuring a seamless file sharing experience across Windows, Mac®, and Linux® platforms. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows DS620slim to fit quickly and effortlessly into any existing network environment, without needing to create identical user accounts. With Synology Drive, you can sync files across Windows, macOS and Linux computer platforms, and access files on the go with mobile devices to keep information up-to-date and share files effortlessly. Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google™ Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu, and Box storage in sync with your personal DiskStation at home.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS620slim integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine Backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when needed.
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
• Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. DS620slim is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS. • Highly integrated backup solution: Synology C2 Backup3 is a public cloud service powered by Synology. By using Hyper Backup to back up your data on Synology Cloud2 (Synology C2), data safety and availability can be ensured when a disaster happens.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS620slim introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of share folders and iSCSI LUNs.
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.