Synology RackStation RS2418+/RS2418RP+ is a 12-bay NAS designed for small- and medium-sized businesses. It provides scalable storage capacity with affordable total cost of ownership, ideal to serve as a file server or centralized backup destination. It can be seamlessly integrated in virtual environments and provides easy-to-use storage applications to safeguard company data assets. Synology RS2418+/ RS2418RP+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage Server On Demand
Synology RS2418+/RS2418RP+ is a 2U, 12-bay network-attached storage solution, providing scalable storage capacity for growing businesses. It can support up to 24 drives when connected to one Synology RX1217/RX1217RP1 expansion unit. It is ideal to serve as a file server, a centralized backup target, or a hub-and-spoke backup target for distributed businesses.
RS2418+/RS2418RP+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 4GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 64GB)2. With Link Aggregation enabled, RS2418+/RS2418RP+ delivers outstanding sequential throughput performance at over 1,400 MB/s reading and 580 MB/s writing3 and the iSCSI 4K random IOPS performance can reach over 38,900 in reading and 27,000 in writing3.
Cross-Platform File Sharing and Data Synchronization
RS2418+/RS2418RP+ can serve as a centralized backup destination, providing large storage capacity with affordable cost of ownership. Large amount of data scattered on employees' workstations can be easily backed up and synced to a centralized target on RS2418+/RS2418RP+. Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu, and Box storage in sync with RS2418+/RS2418RP+. Synology Drive synchronizes your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Use the universal portal to access your data anytime and anywhere.
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage utilization and allows for backing up to multiple destinations–local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync servers, and public cloud services.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance
work efficiency with a simple management interface, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphereTM 6.5 and VAAI integration certification, RS2418+/RS2418RP+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS2418+/RS2418RP+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability.
• Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS2418+/RS2418RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
• Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
• High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.